Novo Amor - The Birthplace

By FitriNababan - July 25, 2018



I thought this is one of that good music with a good music video which brings a good and positive message to us. I watched this video for the first time after several days they release the video while surfing through youtube. This video was interesting because they featured the ocean. So here it is  Novo Amor - The Birthplace.


What do you think about this video? Me myself is feeling so amaze and so sad at the same time, this video featured the beauty of the ocean and then I considered what I've done to the world with the plastic kind of stuff. How such thing influence or even ruin other creatures that live side to side with the existence of humans.

I feel that the message of the video already arrived for everyone who watched it as what the film maker wanted.

If you want to know more about Novo Amor, you can search his interview through internet. But here I will summarize a little about Novo Amor that taken from his interview with www.plasticoceans.org and www.newsoundwales.com, Ali John Meredith-Lacey, better known as Novo Amor, is a Welsh multi-instrumentalist, singer, songwriter, sound designer and producer. He doesn't want to use his real name so he is usingNovo Amor means "to make a new love" which reminds him a lot about why he wrote his music. In his Spotify profile, I see that Novo Amor has a collaborative work with Ed Tullett to create his music. For The Birthplace music video Novo Amor is working with creative film maker with such beautiful ideas, Sil van de Woerd and Jorik Dozy. This is not the first music video which they are working together to share about the environment issue that happened around us.  You can visit this link if you want to know their concern about environment.

The things which already went in my mind since the first time I watched the music video was the process to make the whole video. How they swim, who is the man that walking in the water, how they filmed the people, the plastic whales, and where they filmed the music video?

I guess they know my heart or every heart who already watched the music video and everyone who already listen to the song. So about two weeks ago they released the story of the birthplace which answer all of my questions above.  And it surprised me that they were working together with some Indonesian in Bali to make this music video and they really took the video in the Ocean (inside the ocean and really done the free dive stuff). They filmed in Bali and also in Komodo, working together with a professional free diver and others. Here you can watch the full video.




So how can we (me and you) take care of the beauty, the goodness inside of it, the earth and all the elements? 
I will consider more about the use of plastics as a small steps. Looking forward to what can I do more.

Bonus video (took place in Kawah Ijen - Indonesia) :


Fitri Nababan
Adios

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments